A Two Day Hands-on Course on..
AROMATHERAPY FOR WELLNESS AND PRODUCTIVITY
Malaysia has the potential to be a prominent essential oil producer due to the abundant availability of herbs and spices. Local herb and spices provide a wide range of essential oils. Aromatherapy is an art of employing volatile plant oils, externally and internally, for preventive health care, healing and relaxation. Aromatherapy is now available in beauty saloon, fitness clubs and hairdresser. Essential oils are used therapeutically in modern hospitals as well as complementary health centers. Hence, essential oils and aromatherapy products have the potential sales and remain attractive enough for companies to conduct
experiment and sales.
- Essential oils from plants to final product
- Plant physiology distillation and other methods
- History of aromatherapy - ancient and modern
- How to use essential oils for health and productivity
- Essential oils – storage, carriers & methods of use, safety data
- How to perform a consultation for aromatherapy
- Demonstration of facial aromatherapy
- Aromachemistry – the chemistry of essential oils
- Aromatherapy - uses and applications including massage, bath, inhalation and compress
- Coverage of 12 essential oils their characteristics, - therapeutic uses and how to apply them
- Essential oils blending
- Popular recipes of essential blends
- Hands-on essential oils blending and product formulation - candle, soap, perfume and massage oil
- Participants work in pairs – facial aromatherapy
At the end of the course, participants will be able to
- Apply the essential oils in aromatherapy product.
- Highlight the potential uses of essential oil as aromatherapy materials in a wide variety of products such as fragrance, cosmetics, toiletries, detergents and pharmaceuticals.
- Updated with the current trends and developments in essential oil and aromatherapy industry.
- Practice aromatherapy on a self-employed basis working from a clinic or at home.
- Gain employment as aromatherapy for example at a clinic or health spa.
- Work as a volunteer providing aromatherapy to patients in residential care, hospice and hospitals.
Who should attend;
Entrepreneurs, Scientists and Engineers working in the following industry:
- HERBAL .
- COSMETICS .
- and OTHER RELATED INDUSTRIES
Ms. Nor Zalina Othman
Nor Zalina Othman graduated from University of Plymouth with a Bachelor in
Biological Science, majoring in Biotechnology and holds a Diploma in Microbiology from Universiti Teknologi Mara. She specializes in the development of microbiology technique for biotechnology application especially in microbiology aspects in industrial product and fermentation technology. Being one of the experienced Research Officers for CEPP UTM, she is also a qualified aromatherapist accreditted by International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC), London with a Diploma in Aromatherapy and a Diploma in Holistic Massage.
Ms. Rosnani Hasham@Hisam
Rosnani Hasham has 5 years experience as a full time Research Officer at CEPP UTM and specializes in phytochemical product formulations. Being responsible as Head of the Flavour and Fragrance Business Unit, she possesses wide experience in the research of essential oils and usage. She has successfully developed Aromatherapy Sleep Inducer for the insomnia clients. Currently, she serves as course tutor for the short courses related to aromatherapy at CEPP. She graduated from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia with a degree in Chemical Engineering (Bioprocess). She also holds a Diploma in Holistic Massage and a Diploma in Aromatherapy from International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC),London.
For more information please contact :-
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING PILOT PLANT
UNIVERSITI TEKNOLOGI MALAYSIA
81310 UTM Skudai, Johor
Tel : +607- 5531559 Fax : +607 - 5569706
Attn : Miss Adibah Email : email@example.com
CEPP Rumah Semarak, UTM INTERNATIONAL CAMPUS
54100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603 - 2615 4358 Fax : +603 - 26937921
Attn : Mrs. Yatie Email : firstname.lastname@example.org